At Happy Socks we have made it our mission to spread happiness everywhere, and you only have to spend a few minutes with us to realize how seriously we take it! Our strong and fast growth is built on pro-active, smart, creative, hands-on and hardworking people who embrace Happy Socks’ culture & spirit.
We are now looking for an Office & Event Manager who enjoys engaging with lots of people and truly enjoys working with many different tasks, high and low. In this role you’ll be responsible for everything in regards to office, facility and events. You will be part of the ‘Happiness team’ which includes Office, Event and HR, and you’ll report to the Chief People Officer.
The Happy Crew moved into our new and amazingly beautiful HQ in central Stockholm (Garnisonen) about a year ago. With our quirky design, creativity and talented colleagues (130 peeps) from all around the world – we need you to keep the Happy Socks spirit by holding a neat and fun office environment – with everything from plants, to temperature, to small and big happenings.
In this role, you will be the true “go-to” person for a lot of your colleagues (you’re awesome at building strong relationships) and managing a lot of external contacts such as suppliers and visitors (you love to give great customer service, check!). You have a hands on approach to problem solving and enjoy being in a fast-paced company where no day is the same!
So, what will you actually do?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate projects related to the office such as an office move and rebuildings
- Be responsible for delivering excellent internal events such as AWs and Christmas/ Summer parties and support the PR and Marketing department with external events (e.g. the yearly Sales Conference and PR events)
- Manage and support our part-time receptionist(s) ensuring the smooth running of our reception
- Create and track yearly budgets for the office and be responsible for delivering your work/events within budget
- Manage administrative tasks connected to the office such as invoicing and account distribution
- Ensure the office is fully stocked with the necessary supplies and manage the supplier relationships (e.g. security, maintenance, UPS, mathem, phone provider)
- Make sure the office is at all times fully functioning and kept clean and organized (e.g. meeting rooms, printers, coffee machines, lights, temperature control)
- Collaborate closely with IT and support employees with issues related to gmail, travel booking system, slack, etc.
- Be the first point of contact for facility, office and simpler technical issues as well as the relationship with our landlord
- Manage health, safety and fire safety procedures in collaboration with HR
Requirements & Skills
- Fluency in Swedish and English and strong communication skills (any other language is a plus!)
- 3 + years’ of experience working as an Office Manager or related field
- Experience from working with events and/or larger projects (project management is a big plus!)
- Budget responsibility in previous roles
You have a strong sense of responsibility and are an energetic and creative self starter. You manage your work in a structured way and have a “get it done” attitude where you have no problem rolling up your sleeves when needed.