At A Glance
Our team of 67,000 employees spread across more than 100 countries serving 20 million customers a year makes us the leading tourism business in the world. Even so, this is just the beginning. We have recently embarked on an exciting journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. In order to arrive, we need more passionate people.
TUI is continuously developing to meet new customer behaviors and a shifting market as well as our own strategic goals in order to shape the future of travel. To meet the new market demands and to drive a consumer centric business TUI therefore always evolving and improving its way of working.
In line with this development our new Senior Product Manager, within the Commercial Department, will be an important asset for the Product team to meet the new market demands and to drive a consumer centric business. Both our short- and long-term perspectives are to bring our business up to market leadership
What You Will Be Doing
The Senior Product Manager will shape and deliver the 5-year Product strategy for destinations within the portfolio offered for our Nordic customers. You will set demands to the development of our portfolio going forward. Influence and engage stakeholders, external key suppliers, and multiple teams across a number of different departments and source markets and are comfortable in managing a number of projects at any time. You will work integrated with all other commercial departments to drive business growth and ensure best practice on margin development across your area.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Shape the Product strategy for each of the destinations you manage, ensuring that TUI is selling the right holidays, with the right margin and with customer satisfaction in focus.
- Engagement with our Customer insights colleagues is key in order to succeed the required product development.
- On a seasonal basis, brief flight capacity, bedding requirements, exclusivities, and commitment levels. Ensure these are fazed according to demand and that they maximize group profit whilst providing the necessary range. Conduct regular gap analysis reviews.
- Work closely with the purchasing team to ensure that all bed buying supports the needs of the product at the best possible rates and have visibility of this at an early enough stage to shape your program.
- Presenting business cases and investment proposals to divisional directors, and working with colleagues in other source markets to ensure synergies are realized through the acquisition of hotel rooms.
- You will champion your allocated destinations & products, within our program and use your knowledge of your resorts to support decision making across the business.
What We Are Looking For
TUI is looking for someone who understands the travel business scope and has proven experience of cross-functional work, all within the fast-moving digital environment we and our customers live in. We are looking for someone who dares to deliver and cares about our customer’s smiles! Our product development will decide where our business is forming in the years to come and crucial to our overall strategy and growth.
We are looking for someone who can step in to an already very experienced team and take position within the group and challenge internally but as well externally within TUI Group. Further to this create relationships to key commercial suppliers to ensure our business and development in our destinations is driven against market leadership.
- Working in an international environment
- Experience within hotels or the travel industry is a benefit
- Strong project management skills
- Strong initiative and decision making with ability to deliver both working on own and in a team.
- Can drive forward improvements in processes and the way that we work.
- Ability to handle conflicts and different type of people
- Ability to manage ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to lead and manage “virtual” teams through change
- Ability to influence and manage relationships at Senior level
It’s all about balance – Many different components come together to create what we call life. Work being one of them. We want to help in making your life run smoothly and help you to be the very best version of yourself. Why talk about work-life balance when, let’s be honest, work is a pretty big chunk of life? At TUI, we choose to simply call it “life balance”.
As an industry leader, we have a responsibility to manage our impacts on society and the environment, paving the way for sustainable tourism.
We’re proud of the positive role our industry plays around the world. Our sector accounts for ten percent of the world’s GDP and one in ten jobs globally. That being said, we also face significant challenges.
How To Apply
You apply via our web-sites or Linkedin.
Placement of this job will be based out of our office in Stockholm.
Read more about our way of working: https://jobs.tuinordic.com/way-of-working/
If you have any questions regarding the role you are welcome to contact recruiting manager Tommy Serban on firstname.lastname@example.org