Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, located in the heart of Stockholm City is with its 465 guest rooms, restaurant, bar and conference facilities for up to 600 guests, one of Stockholm’s largest international first class hotels. Sheraton Stockholm is a place where high expectations aren’t just met-they’re exceeded. Sheraton Stockholm Hotel belongs to Marriott International the world’s largest hospitality company with over 7000 hotels worldwide.
We are now looking for an Account Director with focus on MICE to join our fantastic Sales team. In your role you will report to the Director of Sales.
Your Main Responsibilities:
Proactively prospecting new accounts within MICE segment and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts
• Compile and execute quarterly sales action plans as agreed with Director of Sales
• To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to the Groups & Events Team
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative
• Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develop relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Your background and knowledge:
• Education – BA Hons or equivalent
• At least 3 years ‘experience in hotel sales
• Knowledgeable and well-connected in the hotel industry
• You need to have a well-established network within retail and 3rd parties e.g TMC’s and Venue Finders
• Excellent understanding of industry norms, trends and technical know-how
• Business minded, result and self-starter
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Fluent in Swedish and English, both verbally and written. Both languages are essential in the role since the majority of the clients are Swedish and the company language is English.
• Driving license
• A role where you can grow both professionally and on a personal level
• A role in a fun, dynamic and international team
• A role in the world’s largest hospitality company
• The role is a full time permanent role after 6 months probation If you think this role sounds interesting please submit your CV at the latest August 31st, 2020. We will start the process immediately. If you have questions about the role please contact Michaela Bussler Director of Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org