What’s the job?
Attention to detail and strong communications skills are crucial to your role, as you will be responsible for inputting and issuing contracts, as well as liaising with global clients and an international internal team.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
- create, implement and own the targeted sales strategy and activity plan for Generator xx to ensure the right level of direct business is in place every month with particular focus on securing group business
- collaborate with your revenue manager to agree focus months/seasons, inventory available, pricing, allocations, etc
- collaborate with the Generator global and local European sales teams to ensure that strategies are aligned, communicated and appropriate support is place to utilise the Generator sales network to leverage inbound demand to your market
- personally identify, pro-actively seek out, take ownership and continually deliver new business opportunities across key market segments including group, FIT, private hire events and bar & restaurants
- facilitate full rate quotation and contracting for local accounts
- gather market and client information, providing feedback on buying trends
- represent the hostel(s) at local trade exhibitions and local events as per your agreed sales activity plan
- activate appropriate sales strategies for the property during need periods, i.e. outreach activities, telesales, agent promotions, tactical projects, etc
- enthusiastically build long term client relationships
- collect data for the local market via local business associations and affiliations
- actively contribute to the commercial business opportunities for the property
- actively call on key local/national clients and partners
- ensure total revenue targets are achieved by segment according to the business mix plan
- report on sales activity, competitor activity and market intelligence on a weekly, monthly and annual basis as required
- increase local awareness of the property and the Generator network in your market
- support the budgetary process and the annual business strategy planning
- conduct face to face meetings with clients and partners on a weekly basis
- report to the local General Manager with support from the head of sales in our London central support office
- be the expert in your hostel on the global source markets into your city and know how to leverage these for commercial gain
- be key influencer of in house event programming to ensure successful activation of hostel, bar and restaurant activities
Please note this role requires travel within the region and surrounding regions depending on business needs.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
- You are a local! An expert in your market with at least two years’ experience working within a proactive sales environment within the travel and tourism market, preferably with experience of identifying and winning group sales in the education/sports/special interest sectors
- Commercially minded, an excellent communicator, organiser, relationship builder and administrator
- Social, connected and well informed on the trends and markets within hospitality with knowledge of the various distribution channels in use by our core audience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Fluent in English and the local language(s) with strong written communication skills in both
- Able to be based from the hostel and travel within Europe from time to time as required
- Be a hostel user yourself and know first-hand what’s important to our guests and how you can contribute to making their Generator experience awesome!
- You must be eligible to work in the EU to be considered for this role
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
- Experienced in the hospitality leisure market (resort or leisure destination) in a similar role
- Knowledgeable of the local markets
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
Our Key Benefits Include:
- Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
- Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to €1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
- Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
- Quarterly award to double pay for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
- 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
- Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members
- Social events and celebrations calendar
- Various employee recognition schemes
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English, preferably via email. If you’ve got questions call us, or check www.generatorhostels.com or www.facebook.com/GENERATORhostels/ where you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Join Us and help us achieve our Vision!