At Marketing, Sales & Service, you are part of a global team with the mission to ensure that all consumer touch points reflect our brand essence of ‘Designed Around You’ and that all services deliver a true luxury experience. We oversee all commercial activities for Volvo Car Group around the world, including marketing communication, customer interaction, sales and service. Are you passionate about people and marketing? Do you want to reach your personal goals together with other people? Marketing, Sales & Service is the place for you to prosper.
Our purpose is to create a desire able, disruptive Consumer Experience & Activation Platform, to increase Sales- & Brand awareness for Volvo Cars. This includes Events & Exhibitions on global and local level (Car shows and non-automotive Exhibitions, B2B and B2C Events), to increase Launch impact and new car sales. The Experiential Marketing Manager will be an integral part of the Marketing team in developing high quality consumer engagement programs that deliver the brand strategies, and will bring high value experiences to consumers. This person will also collaborate closely with our Marketing Managers in the different regions as well as the Global Marketing team to ensure proper execution of the Brand Plans.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
* Analyse existing Events & Shows (Automotive and non- automotive) from a consumer perspective and suggest activities to various stakeholders (Regions, Global Consumer Experience Executive Management, Global marketing) to secure sufficient budgets and resources.
* Secure full alignment and coordination within Global Consumer Experience, Sales Regions and Corporate Communications, to deliver cost efficient and aligned experiences.
* Develop a strategy for Consumer Events short-, mid- and long term, including the development of Brand Experiences Modules for consumers (B2B & B2C)
* Lead your Team to a clear consumer value focus and secure the Brand expression on all consumer touch points in the respective environment. Create a dynamic cross-functional Team, with an open minded attitude towards business challenges and full focus on delivery according to Global Consumer Experience agenda.
* Develop the communication and consumer activation concepts (3D-Communication) for these Events, to increase the interactivity and the emotional values of the brand. These concepts need to be scalable to other event activities.
* Create a platform for a successful launch impact for Regions (Markets) in close collaboration with Public Affairs and Global Consumer Experience Functional departments, aligned with Management Team.
* Support to improve the NSC’s local event structure with global toolkits, to create operational efficiency of FME funds. Aim for global consistency with focus on the emerging markets. Support local market activities/shows by identifying markets demands. Strengthen and build working groups with Regions and NSC’s.
* Define relevant KPI’s to drive business results
Support Experiential Marketing Director in management of Experiential Agency partners including quality control, budgeting, financial tracking, reporting and scope of work development.
* Write briefs for agencies leading to agreed scope of work for any given event.
Manage the agency pitch process that may be applicable for larger scale events.
* Ownership of the Consumer Experience Marketing Process in terms of strategic development and implementation of the global experiential concepts to fulfil business objectives and secure global consistency in all global, international and local participation. Continuous follow-up through relevant KPI’s.
* Drive, guide and support Regions & National Sales Companies in the area of Consumer Events & Exhibitions, to secure a global consistency in local shows/ road show activity programs.
* Budget owner of Consumer Experience central budgets and instrumental in achieving an optimal Category C spending within overall FME budgets.
* Drive and developed supplier network for cost reductions together with VCC Purchasing on central and local level.
* Secure full cooperation with purchasing on frame agreements and cost efficiency developments with all suppliers. Guide the development of new exhibition concepts for VCC centrally and NSC materials for local shows/road shows.
* At least 5 years of experience in Exhibitions/ Event Management & Project Management and proven record in Experiential Marketing, preferably on agency site.
* Experience in Change Management
* Highly motivational leader, capable to manage international Teams!
* Strong inter-personal, Organisational & Inter-cultural skills.
* Business acumen & proven people management skills.
* Degree in Marketing.
* Broad experience and understanding of the total Marketing Mix.
* Excellent Presentation skills.
* Understanding for new business trends and business development.
* Cross functional and integrated work experience.
* High ability to co-operate and work in a team environment.
* Flexible, higher travel frequency to be expected
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Frank Schultz, Director Experiential Marketing;
Please register your application as soon as possible, but no later than 2017-09-03.
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: ”To be the world’s most progressive and desired premium car brand” by simplifying people’s lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.