Global Consumer Experience (GCE) is an umbrella structure built up by three main areas – (1) Global Strategy, Brand & Retail, (2) Vehicle Line Management and (3) Consumer Enterprise Digital. We are responsible for securing attractive consumer offerings, both in terms of what we offer: cars and services, and how we offer them: a seamless consumer journey and development of the business model. At GCE, you are part of a global team and of the exciting journey towards a true premium position in the changing automotive environment – driven by digitization, autonomous driving, electrification and the sharing economy.
Global Events resides within Global Marketing and is responsible for planning and executing central events as well as supporting Regions and National Sales Companies with their events. Our Scope of Work includes activities such as Car Reveals, Media Test Drives and Media Events, Global Motor Shows, Customer and Fleet Events, Global Dealer Conferences, Market Days, Cars & Technical Support, Volvo Ocean Race and Sponsorship Events.
About the position
We are looking for an Event Manager who will inspire and lead a team of experienced Project Leaders. Apart from being a proven leader you must have extensive knowledge in strategic and conceptual thinking in all areas of communication and have extensive hands-on experience in producing events and exhibitions.
As the Manager of Event Management you will report to the Director of Global Events.
What you will do
- Lead, inspire and support a team of expert project managers
- Oversee the planning and execution of a large number of events around the world
- Continuously improve the way our target groups engage with our brand, our products and our services
- Develop and follow-up clear KPI’s for all exhibitions an events
- Secure an integrated communication approach including strong emphasis on Digital Media
- Drive innovation and secure activation and social reach in all our exhibitions and events
- Secure synergies, alignment and coordination within Volvo Cars Global organisation
- Develop a strategy for national/regional/local consumer events including an optimal process for lead generation and follow-up
- Manage the relationship with Creative Agencies
What you will bring
- Management experience from leading teams, especially in the area of events and exhibitions
- Business acumen, financial control, and proven people management skills
- Extensive experience of international events for different target groups
- Clear understanding of all aspects of event marketing including strategy, creative concepts, media, technology, production and delivery
- Strong inter-personal, Organisational & Inter-cultural skills
- Fluent in Swedish and English, orally and in writing
- University degree in Communication, Business or similar
- Structured and organized with the ability to plan and prioritize
- Strong ability to motivate, coach and manage people
- Ability to drive change through innovation and new creative concepts
- Strong presentation skills
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Nicolas López Appelgren (VP Global Marketing), email: Nicolas.email@example.com or
Emma Magnusson (HR), email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register your application as soon as possible but no later than 16 of November, 2017