American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights, tools, services and expertise they need to keep their travelers informed, focused and productive while on the road. With approximately 12,000 employees and operations in nearly 120 countries worldwide, American Express GBT empowers customers to take control of their travel programs, optimizing the return on their travel and meetings investments, while, more importantly, providing extraordinary traveler care.
We’re moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies that will revolutionize the travel industry and bring greater value to our business customers. Our clients’ success expands our success, so we put our heart and soul into helping our clients achieve results that exceed all expectations. As the world’s largest travel management company, we are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world, strengthening our position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes. Get ready to make impressions that will last.
Meeting Planner will be responsible for delivering an innovative, quality, meetings consultancy service for conferences, meetings and group accommodation. The job holder will be responsible for providing a total venue finding service – including: rate negotiations, production of proposals, contracting, payment to suppliers, reconciliation of spend, reporting etc. The person will be responsible also for building individual client relationships that guarantee client loyalty and repeat business. The Meeting Planner may be also responsible for Planning part of the project so coordinating the event after the contract is signed through the organizing all the services requested by the clients ending on execution of the event, reconciliation and reporting.
- Venue Sourcing & Contracting
- Sourcing venues for a global international client external or internal
- Work with Suppliers to secure savings/added value and to maximize all commercial opportunities for Global Business Travel
- Qualify the client’s brief and source appropriate venues within pre-agreed SLA’s
- Multiple venue finding, negotiation and proposal according to the client’s requirements as well as any preparation of costings and invoicing that may be required
- Accurate data input into reporting systems
- Undertake continuous self-development and training to ensure outstanding quality and customer satisfaction standards are achieved
- Maintain up to date knowledge of key locations and venues by working with suppliers on product updates, attend fam trips, supplier meetings/presentations etc.
- Brief development
- Project planning and timeline development
- Detailed Word or PowerPoint proposal according to Client´s requirements
- Develop and secure arrangements for entertainment, decoration, activities, travel documents etc.
- Coordinate food and beverage
- Manage room block and attrition
- Project management / work with 3rd parties (e.g., DMC, audio-visual, speakers, insurance agency, etc.)
- Meeting space management
- Attendee management
- Budget management
- Final cost reconciliation
- Invoicing and payment
- Administration Support: Support for the team in various administrative tasks
- Managing travel requests according to the Client´s requirements
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent venue knowledge, mainly in Europe is an advantage
- Strong communication skills in business English is strictly required
- Methodical approach to work with excellent project and time management skills
- Show good initiative/communication skills, specifically telephone techniques – including ability to interpret clients´t requirements and lead the client where appropriate by demonstrating knowledge and expertise
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good understanding and usage of online tools, Microsoft applications and reporting systems
- Commercial awareness
- Solid accounting understanding, basic knowledge in bookkeeping; analytical thinking
- Confident, professional personality which is portrayed on the telephone and face to face with colleagues and clients
- Ability to resolve discrepancies
- Excellent team player skills supporting colleagues and ensuring the smooth operation of the department, good collaboration with the Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
- Flexibility & ability to adapt
- Managing and prioritizing tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Previous experience in event management: Incentives, Product Launches, Internal Sales meetings, trainings…